The holidays are the trickiest time of year when it comes to being smart with your money, that’s why Spondulics is partnering up with Here For Good Texas and Hassan Thomas from FYIFLI for Holiday Fin. Fest! Our host, Hassan Thomas, will educate our audience on how to prepare financially for the holiday season while also making them aware of the financial schemes that readily present themselves during the holidays. In between our lessons, there will be special guest appearances and performances from some of Broadway’s and Hollywood’s brightest stars as they share either financial tips and tricks or perform Holiday classics for us! In addition, there will be a competition element that will allow high school and college student artists to be featured throughout the special!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for high school and college student artists who are interested in creating their own song, poem, or skit performance about financial literacy during the holidays!
How Will Submissions Be Judged?
Each submission will be judged on the following: creativity, storytelling, relevance, and vulnerability on a scaling system of 1-5. The top 5 scoring submissions will be aired during this special. The highest scoring submission will perform their piece at the 2023 FPP conference!
- Written Element: Please tell us about yourself, and share why you believe financial education is important during the holiday season!
- Video Element: Please create your own original song, painting, drawing, or poem that answers the question, “How does financial literacy impact you during the holidays?” Include any of these in a video no longer than 3 minutes in length. Upload your video to youtube or vimeo. If sending through youtube, please make your video private.
Host and Special Guests
- Host: Hassan Thomas
- Special Guests: TBD
- Application Opens: Mid-September or earlier
- Application Deadline: November 20th, 2022 at 11:59pm EST
- AirDate: November 30th, 2022 Time TBD
- May 31 - June 2, 2023 - If chosen as the winner of the contest you (and a guardian if under 18) will be be flown to Orlando and stay at the B Resort and Spa at Disney Springs to present your artwork at the 15th Annual FPP Financial Capability Training Conference!
Who are we looking for?
We invite any creator who produces financially focused, entertaining content of any length or medium to submit there work to be hosted on the Spondulics Browse Page, as well as play on Spondulics LIVE.
Existing Content Creator?
Please add your name, your series name, the title of your piece of content, and link your content. You do not have to include your identifying information everytime you submit content as an existing creator.
Please include all of the information requested, and FPP Staff will contact you when your content and creator page are approved and live!
Form submission coming soon! Please email Amanda@fppcoalition.org to submit your content or become a content creator!